Air hart


Call : (250) 762 9830   

Email :

Foreign Student Information


Transport Canada will now issue a Foreign License Validation Certificate (FLVC). This must be completed for float endorsement or other conversion training for non-Canadian license holders.The FLVC based on a valid foreign pilot license and the medical document validating that license. As a result this will permit foreign pilot license holders to fly in Canadian registered aircraft internationally for private recreational purposes (such as hour building). The holder of this license may act as pilot-in-command or co-pilot of any aircraft for the sole purpose of his or her own flight training or flight test. The FLVC shall not exceed 6 months and may only be issued to an applicant once in any 12 month period. There is a $25 licensing fee payable to Transport Canada.To be admitted to Canada , an international student will not require a Canadian Student Visa from the Canadian Immigration Authorities if the length of stay in Canada and training program is less than six months duration. For studies of less than six months, you can enter Canada as a Visitor. All our programs are under 6 months.

Some countries require a Visitor’s Visa to enter Canada . Some do not. Students should visit the following site for information on which countries require a visitor’s visa: or contact their nearest Canadian embassy or consulate or their travel agent. Students do not require a formal letter of acceptance from the school. We recommend you advise us of your arrival date so that we may plan your bookings.


Students are strongly advised to contact their local civil aviation office to confirm the requirements for the Canadian licenses to be converted to a license in their country of origin. Canada is an ICAO country and meets the ICAO standards. Requirements for the conversion of foreign licenses to Canadian licenses should be confirmed with Transport Canada ( ) or the local civil aviation authorities. Generally, for a foreign commercial license to be converted to a Canadian Commercial License, the student must meet the requirements of the Canadian License in terms of time, experience, instrument and cross country time as well as do the Canadian written examination and flight test. For the PPL, the conversion to a Canadian license often involves no more than a Canadian medical, the presolo written test and the foreign PPL. However, some countries may be different. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure they meet the licensing requirements of their country of origin.

Prior to issuing a “proof of unconditional acceptance” letter to Immigration Canada, PFC will require the following:

Minimum age 19 or completion of high school

Valid Category 1 or 3 Medical (every ICAO country has medical examiners approved by Transport Canada to conduct pilot examinations)

If you are from a Commonwealth country, you can work in Canada under the “Work Holiday Visa” and there is no need to be sponsored by an employer.

Working Visa

if you are from a Commonwealth country and 35 years old or under, you can work in Canada under the “Work Holiday Visa” and there is no need to be sponsored by an employer.

If you are unable to apply for Working Holiday Visa, and still wish to immigrate or work in Canada, contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Contact Us

Address: 1348 Water St Kelowna, BC V1Y 9P3

Tel: (250) 762-9830
Fax: (250) 762-9840
Toll-Free: 1-877-766-6699